On April 24-25, 2021 Geoffrey Mazullo, Adjunct Professor, School of American Law (SAL) conducted a two-day online course “Introduction to Sustainable Finance” as part of the School of American Law (SAL) Ukraine. The SAL Ukraine is a joint program of Chicago-Kent College of Law and Ivan Franko National University of Lviv, Ukraine.
Nine upper-class students of law and recent graduates participated in the course.
The course covered the following topics:
- Corporate Governance in Emerging Markets;
- Sustainable Finance Legislation in European Countries and the European Union (EU);
- Best Practice and Case Studies in Sustainable Finance in Belgium and The Netherlands;
- Sustainable Finance in Practice: ESG Indicators; and
- Assessing and Mapping ESG Risk.
Students worked on case studies about an Indian company, sustainable finance strategies implemented by Belgian financial institutions and ESG key performance indicator (KPI) risk mapping for a hypothetical company.